TW Training Program Logistics
Let’s get ready to get stronger & faster and make new running friends in the process! Whether you are training for a half marathon or marathon, you want to get faster in that 5K, or you just want some accountability to get in some miles, there is an option for you! You can train with the TW Training Program for 1, 2, or 3 days a week and sign up for what is best for your schedule and training needs.
Days the program meets in-person:
- Tuesday Intervals + Core: meets at 6:30pm at Cardozo SHS track (Banneker as a back-up). We do intervals ranging from 200m - 2000m and it includes a 15 minute strength session focused on the core and glute muscles.
- Thursday Tempo Run: meets at 6:30pm at Pacers 14th St. We run anywhere from 3-10 miles (depending on your level and plan), with a portion of the run being at a faster (tempo) pace.
- Saturday Long Run: meets at 6:00am at the Dupont Circle fountain. We run anywhere from 5-20 miles as we progress through training.
*The full program (with all 3 days) is 18 weeks long and runs from July 9th - November 10th. After you sign up, you will receive a welcome email within 24 hours and can jump right in!
Training plan (differentiated for beginners and more advanced runners)
- Weekly group practices with a coach
Two special shopping nights at Pacers with a 15% in-store discount
Weekly emails with coaching tips, motivation, and your workouts to keep you on-track
- Monthly workshops with MedStar on injury prevention and race fueling (Thursdays), as well as Tuesday workshops with Tammy on foam rolling, running form, and other topics of interest to participants
Water stop on Saturday long run as miles get longer and weather gets warmer (treats also likely at the end of some runs!)
Pace and form guidance and recommendations
Strength training video library + weekly moves to keep you injury-free
A welcoming community to train with, as well as personal attention from a coach during practices
Facebook and Strava groups to interact outside of runs
Discounts from other local businesses, as well as occasional raffles and giveaways
Race day meet-up with Coach Tammy (at Chicago Marathon, MCM, and Richmond)
Training shirt made with wicking material
Program Options and Costs:
- 3 days a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) - $400
- 2 days a week (Tuesday/Thursday, Tuesday/Saturday, or Thursday/Saturday) - $325
- Tuesday Intervals + Core - $200 ($120 for 9 weeks)
- Saturday Long Run - $150
*Note that Tuesday costs more for one day (versus Saturday) because of the equipment used and strength workout that is included